HI, I'M EMILY MONROE.
I picked up a camera somewhere around 2009 and never really put it down.
A few of my favorite things include:
· Coffee, in any form.
· Netflix, obviously. But also HBO and pretty much all good TV.
· My husband. He's really hot and he makes me laugh, I'm super lucky.
· Owen & Reece (Or as we call them at home, Owie & Reecey). They're hilarious and exhausting and adorable and messy and I love them so, so much.
· Sleeping in. A luxury I only get to experience a few times a year when aforementioned exhausting children are off at their Nonnie's house for the night. I would pay actual money to sleep until 9am one day per week.
· True Crime Podcasts. There is something so relaxing about hearing the stories of people being brutally murdered. Specifically if Georgia & Karen are telling the story (SSDGM)
· Baking and cooking, I challenge myself to cook dinner all but one or two nights per month and I honestly love it. All the boys I live with seem to love it too.
· Adoption & foster care. These things are so close to my heart and I am so lucky to have been a part of that work for a number of years. One of my two greatest gifts came to me through foster care and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to be his Momma.
· Personal Finance. I realize this is a really boring interest but there's something about a solid financial plan that really gets me going. I like talking/learning/reading about money.
· Taking pictures of people--I like making others feel confident and beautiful and strong and I've found that a really good photography experience will do that for most people.
WHY I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY
I get to watch magic happen in front of me.
I get to make people see themselves through the eyes of a person who loves them.
I get to help parents capture the intense feelings of parenthood.
I get to make fleeting moments last longer than a lifetime.
I get to help people fall deeper in love.
I get to make art out of real life
I get to do something I love, while also giving my family what they need.
I get to go to beautiful places and photograph beautiful people.
I get to witness joy, peace and love happening all around me.
I get to do my dream job.
I get to love on people.
AND MOST OF ALL, I GET TO SIT WITH YOU DURING YOUR BEST AND
“Emily was such a wonderful asset to our wedding experience.”
quick facts about me
NUMBER OF WEDDINGS
NUMBER OF TIMES I'VE WATCHED
"NEW GIRL" FROM BEGINNING TO END
AND I MET
NUMBER OF regrettable tattoos I have
amount of debt my husband and I paid off in 2 years
(I wasn't kidding, I'm a budgeting nerd)